Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Something to Write Home About...

Yikes! It's been a while since I posted anything!! But...in my defense there wasn't much going on orthodontically since then! But today I saw my orthodontist again!! And...guess what??? MORE ELASTICS!! But they have switched locations. Now I have a triangle way in the back (second to last molar) on each side trying to get my molars to mesh better than they are and one oddball on my right side from my top canine stretching back to my first molar on the bottom. Ouch. My teeth were fine all day until I went to eat dinner...they are back to being sore. Just when I was getting used to the other configuration!! Oh well, this configuration is to get my molars to hit more (when I eat things like lettuce they just slip right through my bite in the way back, so there is a gap back there) and to see if they can get my midline to match up more (it is slightly off but you really can't tell all that much (I don't mind if it stays like this even...you'd have to stare to see it).

The ortho said that if the bands don't work as well as they should, she's gonna have to change 4 of the bands around my molars that were left over from my previous orthodontist. I really don't want to go through the tugging and pushing but...I do want to get my teeth as 'tweaked' as I can. But we will cross that bridge when we get there (more like pushed over the edge and swim to shore when we get there!!!).

I asked about my front right tooth that gets zings when I drink something hot. It hasn't happened as much lately--or it's not as intense and long when it does. She said it is possibly just due to the nerves healing since that was an area that was cut through. She said to give it some more time and if it gets worse or stays the same they will check it out further. Sounds right...that area is the most sensitive still so it's not out of the question for there to still be some zingers!

I return to the ortho next month and don't have to see my surgeon until December!

No comments: