Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year with New Look

Well it's finally 2008...finally the year the braces come off. I still don't know for sure when though. My ortho on my last visit in December (again sorry such a gap in posts, between finals, holidays and catching up on sleep I missed some posts!) they said they usually leave the braces in tact for about 6 months to let everything stabilize. So, they haven't really touched my top braces except to change the bands. The ortho did say that they still want to get rid of the 'black triangle' between my top two front teeth, which is a common thing when people get braces. So now I'm wondering if my 6 months are up at the end of this month, how much longer after that will I be in braces?? This is a question for my next visit. If I can get them off before I graduate in May I will be happy!

The elastics are doing their thing and helping things come together nicely. I must admit a few days here and there I just don't feel like fighting to eat a sandwich so I leave them out! whoops! But other than a few days I've been a diligent elastics wearer.

I also saw my OS for the first time since September. It was a quick 'howdy-do lemme check out your teeth' kinda visit. He said he really doesn't need to see me again until after my braces come off (unless I need to). So, my next appointment with him will be in May (he figures they should probably be off by then...I hope so too!!)

I've noticed something different in these cold cold winter months. Usually when you come inside to the warmth from the arctic outside, your nose will run a bit. Well, a few times it ran so fast I barely had time to catch it!!! I'm sure my sinuses are shaped a bit different now and I wonder if it makes my nose run faster! Just a weird observation!!

On another note, my husband who has been overseas since September if finally coming home soon!!!! I cannot wait, I've missed him so much. I thought when he left, it would be great if these braces came off before he came back, but no way now! Oh well, he's known me with them for 4 years now, what's another couple months!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad to hear that your husband is coming home! I bet you can't wait to see him. Let him know how proud we all are of his and every service man and woman!!!

~ Tara

chris k said...

Yes welcome home and a big thank you to the hubby. And streamlined sinuses, how funny!