Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting by

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. The last few days have been crazy ups and downs. My husband got shipped off overseas this past Sunday and won't be back until early next year (next year!!). So needless to say, I wasn't in the best shape that day. But, I have school to keep me occupied which they wasted no time in doing that. It's my senior year and they push you quite hard!

On the teeth front, my front teeth are calming down more and more. They still get a bit sensitive but, much better than before. I seem to favor eating on my right side since when I try to eat on my left my jaw on that side seems to click and it doesn't feel as strong as the other side. It's a new way of chewing and I'm still getting used to it I guess! I almost want the bands back just to give me a guide of where and how to chew. I'm sure they will be back shortly! I see my OS on Thursday morning and then the OD Thursday afternoon. I wonder what they are going to say!?

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Amy,

I'm sorry that you lost your husband for a while- However, you must feel honored to have someone so close to you serve his country. I really respect him for that...

I've been meaning to ask you, how long was it until you began to chew food? At 4 weeks I still can't bring myself to do it because my teeth are numb and feel so foreign to my jaw. I'd really like to eat some soft foods right about now, but am forced to stick with my pureed diet...

Erin said...

Sorry to hear about your husband. Wow...I can't even imagine what that must be like.

amycq said...

thanks guys. yeah it's tough without him but i'm trying to keep busy with homework (my professors are being a great help with that!!) and chasing after the cats!