Saturday, July 28, 2007

bored, bored, bored

Home still. I'm getting pretty stir crazy which makes me think of what else...food! I did make a nice strawberry ice-cream and banana milkshake today. Yum, that was good. Chris went to help one of our friends move his family into base housing. So I've been on my own for a good chunk of the afternoon, but within cell phone reach of him if i need him.


We had a good laugh yesterday coming home from the doctor's appointment. We live on base so you have to stop and go through the security gate everytime you enter the base. Well, the guard gave me a wierd look as we went through. After he let us pass I turned to my husband and said "I wonder if they think you beat me or something?!" We both laughed and he said when we returned from the hospital the guard hesitated and gave him a look like 'should I be worried?'. I should wear a sign or something!

Well, it's time to go drink some dinner...

6 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, that's what I think people are thinking when they see me. "Aw that poor girl -- somebody beats her." They'd probably be relieved if they just asked me but that's not gonna happen!

Erin said...

When do you feel like you'll feel up to venturing out?

amycq said...

I'm actually thinking of going out today. I've felt up to it...except dealing with the looks from people. I'm not that bruised but still swollen. I guess what stops me is that I forget that I don't look THAT bad because it feels worse then it looks! But I said to myself yesterday "if Erin dared to venture out, so can I!" :))

Aimee said...

How are you feeling today? How's the swelling?

amycq said...

I'm doing ok! I wish I could say the swelling went down alot but at this point sometimes it's hard to tell. But I did notice a difference! Which is better than nothing! :))

Erin said...

Yeah, it feels like my face is so huge but the swelling has come down a lot. I'm kind of relying on my pictures to tell me what's going on because of course it feels funny and wrong. The numbness part is very strange.