Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Countdown Begins! (T-19 days)

T-19 days.

And so it starts. I've decided to set this blog up to follow the journey to the center of my mouth. I am scheduled to have upper jaw surgery and Genioplasty done on July 20th.

This has been a 4 year project in the making. I initially just wanted to get braces to straighten out some crooked teeth. Little did I know that the first Orthodontist I saw would label me a "special case" and refer me to someone else with more experience. That should have been my first clue! Next, after finding another orthodontist, they led me down a path for 2 years that really wasn't in line with what orthognathic surgery needed. So, after moving I found a new orthodontist who pretty much told me "we've got to start over with new braces"...great. But now...two sets of braces and an amount of money I don't like to think about later...

I'm finally ready for surgery! Medically that is...mentally is a whole other thing.

No comments: