Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Drowning in Drool

Post Op Day 5

I feel good today. Got a bath and actually washed my hair--what a grease trap that was! I've been able to sleep better at night, although i just wish i could sleep normal and not propped up on the couch. But, the reclining couch is better than nothing! My lips are getting closer but not able to get them to touch quite yet. Fish face is still in full effect, which makes me drool ALOT! Everytime i look down or sit up a long spittle of drool starts to flow. I always have a washcloth on my chest or in my hand to catch the water slides!

I can't get the sticky residue off my face from my chin being taped up! We tried baby oil, then rubbing alcohol, even nail polish remover--nothing is taking this off! I tried the old standby of soap and water with a washcloth which loosened some of it but i can't scrub too hard--i'm too sensitive in spots still. Any suggestions on getting this goop off would be much appreciated!

I think that the mornings and right before bed is the hardest times of the day. That's when I feel the pressure and muscle aches the most. So I've been able to get away with taking my pain meds less then before. I do get times where I just get frustrated with eating, drinking, or just not feeling totally comfortable. Then i get snipy and my poor husband gets the brunt of it. But i know he understands i'm just frustrated and it has nothing to do with anyone else.

well, my husband is conked out on the couch next to me with one of our cats, Jasmine, sleeping on his lap. how cute! i'll let them sleep a while longer...till i have to wake him up to help me!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yay! A shower/hair washing. That always makes one feel better! Glad to hear you're doing well today!